Man United Q and A
This weekend we're playing Manchester United away you may of heard. So award winning journalist Mikey Gamst has been in touch with VitalManUnited editor Zae to ask for his thoughts on the two clubs and the fixture itself.
1) What do you make of Manchester United's start to the season so far??? Has it gone how you would of expected?
Apart from the slow start when our strikers looked like they couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo I'm very pleased with the way the things have gone since that. Attackers are on fire and the defence look solid if we generously overlook the tragic blunders against Arsenal. The injury hell is almost over, Vidic signed a new contract and the new signings gelled in superbly.
2) Have Blackburn suprised you this season?
No, not really. Sparky made astute signings in the summer and I expected Rovers to challenge for fifth place which they certainly look like capable of securing. If anything, your UEFA Cup exit shocked me... Larisa are hardly world-beaters.
3) Is there any particular player that you feel United should be wary about on Sunday from the Blackburn team?
The attacking quartet. Bentley, Pedersen, Santa Cruz and McCarthy. I haven't looked up to check if any of them is injured or suspended, to be honest but they pose real threat to us even though we conceded only one goal at Old Trafford so far... erm, OK, three if you count the Coventry game but I prefer to forget about that.
4) Likewise.. Who do you feel is the perhaps overrated in the Blackburn starting XI?
I think the phenomenon of the overrated player is restricted almost exclusively to the top four teams so I couldn't name one. Now, if you ask me if I feel anyone overrated in the Arsenal or Liverpool squad, it's a different matter entirely...
5) There has been specualtion for years that current Rovers' boss Mark Hughes will one day take the United hot seat... how do you feel about this???
Everyone loved Sparky at Old Trafford and though he still has to gain experience, I can imagine him doing a good job at United. But I have a nagging feeling that the board will go out and recruit a continental manager to keep up with the trend once Fergie retires.
6) Finally can I press you for a prediction for the Weekends game???
Two in-form teams lock horns but, no offence really, I think the superior quality will win it for United as we look capable of outscoring anyone at the moment. 3-1.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes to thank Zae for his great answers and may the best team win this weekend. Cheers Zae.