Bentley Set For England Forgiveness
David Bentley's decision to withdraw from the England squad for the European Under-21 Championships earlier in the summer could have cost him his England career, but he looks set to be called up.
England face Germany in an International friendly next week and Bentley is looking like he will be "forgiven" for what had been viewed in many quarters as a snub on England for withdrawing from the Under-21 squad with him concerned with how fatigue could hamper him this season.
Steve McClaren is going to talk with Bents shortly, however it is looking as though all will be forgiven and he will RIGHTLY earn that first Senior England call up as when asked if Bentley had been forgiven, McClaren told the Daily Mail: "You'll find out when you see what happens."
McClaren also told the Daily Mail: "I'll have a conversation with him and after that I'll be able to answer the questions I have.
"We look at every individual and his character and whether he has the character to play for England.
"I kept out of the debate. It was an Under 21 issue. He made his decision and it's in the past. How we move on from it we'll see."
NOT REGISTERED TO VITAL BLACKBURN? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! Register by clicking here.
Don't forget "Walkerbout" Sunday Evenings in the forum between 7pm & 9pm - For more information click here.