Daniel Williams Outlines His Ideas
Daniel Williams, the Blackburn Rovers FAN looking to take over Rovers has spoken about his plans for the club (should a takeover be successful.)
Someone in the Forum (again this is a subtle hint, or not so subtle to check out the forum!!!) said something yesterday about the Lancashire Evening Telegraph SHOULD be looking to interview Williams, your wish has been granted!
Although Williams' proposed move is still in the early stages (and should it come off it is still likely to be some weeks away from being completed) the 30-year-old (IF only I could have a fraction of his money at his age, although I am running out of time to earn this before I do turn 30!!!) is willing to hand Rovers Manager Mark Hughes substantial funds to compete in the transfer market.
The Lancashire Telegraph reports Williams as saying:
* He is leading an American consortium made up of several large financial institutions.
* He has been involved in takeover talks with Rovers for several months.
* Money would be made available to spend on new players if his takeover was successful.
* But any transfer treasure chest would not be of Roman Abramovich-style proportions.
* The club's current hierarchy would 'probably' stay in place.
* He is a long-standing Rovers fan and the club is one of his main passions.
Although a Rovers takeover is probably going to happen (subject to the Walker Trustees approval, who ARE willing to sell to a suitable candidate) Williams' consortium is one of several reportedly interested ones, so it is not being set in stone that he will in fact be the winning applicant.
"We are at the very, very early stages of any kind of process.
"We've had a very good dialogue with John Williams and his vice chairman, David Brown, but a lot of what has been written is exceptionally premature.
"The whole thing about a deal being imminent and a price being agreed just isn't the case.
"I certainly haven't seen anything in the way of due diligence, and we haven't formally made an approach.
"It's very much at the conversational stage at the moment."
NOT REGISTERED TO VITAL BLACKBURN? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! Register by clicking here.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.