Writer: Mikey Delap
Date:Wednesday June 13 2007
You know the Summer don't you, well there is a few things that will indicate you that you've entered the dreaded British Summertime where all things sporting take a break.
For instance you know it is the Summertime when.......
1. Your club is likened to anyone within their transfer budget (for Chelsea and West Ham this is any half decent footballer.)
2. Georgie Thompson becomes your number one girl for 3 months, replacing your wife/partner/bit on the side.
3. A top ranking championship player is linked with every Premiership club.
4. The sports section of the Mirror is filled with 84 pages of speculation, no matter how vague and inaccurate. Just to fill the papers.
5. The nation cheers a Male Brit to the 4th round of Wimbledon.
6. Rovers buy 3 bosmans that you've never heard of ever.
7. Your star striker spends the entire summer using his agent to tout him for a lucrative move to the big 4. only to back track at the last minute and claim he never wanted to leave.
8. Thierry Henry is moving to Barcelona.
9. Robbie Savage buys a new pink sports car.
10. We don't hear a peep out of Mark Hughes for 3 months.
11. Some swanky Foreign striker is touted to be moving to the Premiership for ridiculous sums of money and ridiculous wages... (this years victim is Fernando Torres, in previous years it has been David Villa and Benni McCarthy.)
12. Cricket becomes the new national sport.
13. Steve McClaren becomes the focus of the nations' aggression and not Titus Bramble or Craig Bellamy.
14. Your Missus becomes part of your plans on a Saturday.
15. You spend between 3-4 o'clock in the afternoon checking to see if there is a trace of football on the TV no matter what league or division it is from.
16. Watching MLS on Sky at 4 in the morning seems normal.
17. BomBom employs monkeys to type on the Vital Site for him.
18. HughesDaMan takes a well deserved holiday only to come back later on in the month to treat us to a barrage of post season stats.
19. You wake up in the morning to find sasman has left some interesting comments at 3.30am GMT.
20. every player Rovers are linked to that you've never heard of, you jump straight on the New edition of Football Manager to check his stats... because that always works!
NOT REGISTERED TO VITAL BLACKBURN? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! Register by clicking here.
Date:Wednesday June 13 2007
Bowyer: Best Win Of The Season (Monday November 24 2014)
Robbo Told To Fight (Monday November 24 2014)
Stats: Blackburn Rovers v Leeds United (Saturday November 22 2014)
Rovers Preview: Leeds United (Saturday November 22 2014)
Rovers Linked With Lawrence?? (Tuesday November 18 2014)
Robbo Wants Out (Sunday November 16 2014)
Final Weekend Details Revealed (Sunday November 16 2014)
Break Comes At The Right Time (Thursday November 13 2014)
Fulham Ponder Tunnicliffe Recall?? (Wednesday November 12 2014)
Football Aid 2015 - Play at Ewood Park! (Monday November 10 2014)
|5.||Rye of the Rovers||3|
|Cala Hits Out
» Cardiff : 25/11/2014 21:12:00
|Mackay's Honorary Status Revoked
» Cardiff : 25/11/2014 21:06:00
|Bent Set For Albion Loan
» Brighton : 25/11/2014 20:41:00
|March Pencilled In For Albion Return
» Brighton : 25/11/2014 20:38:00
|Walton Backed To Shine
» Brighton : 25/11/2014 20:34:00