Vital Football

Latest Blackburn Rovers News

Put Rovers in the Hat now!

Put Rovers in the Hat now!

Vital Blackburn's most recent Poll asked you "Will Rovers see off Salzburg in UEFA Cup on Thursday?" You think without doubt!

If the result of tonight's game would be based on the latest poll Salzburg could have saved themselves some money (not that they need to!) and not caught the flight over, as a massive 90% feel this will be their last journey (other than the return flight!) they will make in the 2006-2007 UEFA Cup.

78% think Rovers will advance with a second leg victory to finally break that long run without a win in Europe, 7% on the other hand will happily settle for a 0-0 or 1-1 draw, being enough to see them advance on away goals, having scored two themselves in Austria.

5% of you however think it will go all the way, Salzburg will see Rovers two away goals from the first leg and match them forcing the game into Extra time and then a dreaded penalty shoot out! However unlike England so many times in the past you feel Rovers have the players, and goalkeeper to see them through.

The final 10% however are not so convinced. Rovers` dodgy European history can not escape their minds and they feel the all to often feeling of an early exit will once again be suffered, be it Salzburg seeing Rovers` two away goals and raising them in a high scoring draw, beating Rovers on the night over 90, or maybe 120 minutes or even coming through themselves after penalties.

Well let`s hope the 90% are proved right!

So in summary
Yes...they'll win the 2nd leg anyway - 78%
Yes...they'll get draw needed to win on away goals - 7%
Yes...they'll win...on penalties! - 5%
No...they'll crash out be it 2nd leg defeat, away goals or penalties - 10%


The current poll is asking, "In Ryan Nelsen's absence is Lucas Neill the best man for the captains roll?"

As for what you think, cast your vote, and why not have your say on the latest polls findings...

CLICK HERE - For Why You Should Sign Up To Vital Blackburn


Click here to join in the debate on the club forum.

Writer:Walker
Date:Thursday September 28 2006
Time: 9:05AM

Comments

0
The 90% have a great chance of being right, if the 10% are I'd be very surprised.
Hughes Da Man
28/09/2006 09:10:00
0
i think we will walk this at home we play better and it will be a fun game to watch
marshinrover
28/09/2006 16:10:00
0
It will be, they have to attack, Rovers can counter so maybe PLENTY of goals?
Hughes Da Man
28/09/2006 16:45:00
Page 1/1
  1. 1

Login to post a comment

Recent Blackburn Rovers Articles

Championship Cost Per Goal So Far In 2016/17

The end of the Championship campaign of 2016/17 is only a month and a bit away from fans across the country but as we go in to the remaining weeks of the campaign...

Positive Signs For Bennett

Bennett was positive of Blackburn being able to see off Lancashire rivals Preston heading into this game at Ewood Park after the Norwich and Fulham results.

Minor Graham Setback

Blackburn had to do without Danny Graham against Preston following the groin problem that forced him off against Fulham last week. He could return against Brighton next week.

Hugely Frustrating

Mowbray admitted Blackburn didn't start the game well against Preston but had then been the dominant side so was 'majorly disappointed' not to record a victory.

Archived Vital Blackburn Articles

Vital Blackburn articles from

Site Journalists

Walker
Editor email
Profile
VitalRovers
no email
Profile

Current Poll (see more polls)

Preston MotM
Suggested By:
Steele2%
Nyambe12%
Mulgrew12%
Lenihan0%
Williams12%
Bennett12%
Lowe0%
Guthrie25%
Conway0%
Lucas Joao25%
Emnes0%
Sub-Mahoney0%
Sub-Gallagher0%
Sub-Feeney0%
ScoopDragon Publishing Entire League Network of Sites

League Table

# Team P W D L Pts. GD
1 Newcastle 38 24 6 8 78 38
2 Brighton 38 23 8 7 77 30
3 Huddersfield 37 22 5 10 71 4
4 Leeds Utd 38 21 6 11 69 16
5 Reading 38 20 7 11 67 2
6 Sheff Wed 38 18 8 12 62 9
7 Fulham 38 16 13 9 61 19
8 Norwich 38 16 9 13 57 9
9 Preston 38 15 12 11 57 6
10 Derby County 38 14 11 13 53 3
11 Barnsley 38 14 9 15 51 0
12 Aston Villa 38 13 12 13 51 0
13 Cardiff 38 14 9 15 51 -1
14 Brentford 38 14 8 16 50 3
15 Q.P.R. 38 14 8 16 50 -5
16 Wolves 37 12 9 16 45 -2
17 Ipswich 38 10 15 13 45 -9
18 Birmingham 38 11 12 15 45 -16
19 Bristol City 38 11 8 19 41 -3
20 Forest 38 11 8 19 41 -11
21 Burton 38 10 11 17 41 -14
22 Blackburn 38 9 13 16 40 -11
23 Wigan 38 8 10 20 34 -13
24 Rotherham 38 4 5 29 17 -54
The Vital Football Members League
Latest F1 News
Latest Vital Boxing News
Vital Football Comment

Recent Blackburn Rovers Results (view all)

Blackburn Rovers Fixtures (view all)

Apr 1 2017 3:00PM : Brighton & Hove Albion (a)
Sky Bet Championship
Apr 4 2017 8:00PM : Reading (a)
Sky Bet Championship
Apr 8 2017 3:00PM : Barnsley (H)
Sky Bet Championship
Apr 14 2017 3:00PM : Nottingham Forest (a)
Sky Bet Championship
Apr 17 2017 3:00PM : Bristol City (H)
Sky Bet Championship
Apr 22 2017 3:00PM : Wolverhampton Wanderers (a)
Sky Bet Championship
Write for Vital Football