Writer: Joe Ainscough
Date:Friday December 14 2012
Last night, several Rovers fans gathered in the Press room at Ewood Park to discuss various topics with Shebby Singh, the club's Global Adviser.
The night, advertised as an event for people who write blogs about football and Blackburn Rovers, is set to be a regular feature at the club.
Several topics were addressed, from Shebby Singh as a person, to managerial decisions. Here is a brief summary:
- Relations between fans and the club are extremely important to the club
- Regardless of the team position we all need to stay together and support the club
- 'Rome wasn't built in a day' - but it is understood progression needs to be made, and quickly.
- There are no excuses for the poor decisions made in the past, and that the club must learn from these to go forward
- Shebby outlined that in the past, the club has lost its identity and footballing philosophy, and each manager has brought something different.
- The long term plan is to bring a philosophy of fast football along the floor to the club
- Shebby discussed himself, about his punditry for 14 years - 11 of which were with ESPN
- Shebby started working for Venkys in 2011, as Head of football development in Asia
- He now runs the club for the owners, he tells them where we need to improve and why.
- Shebby speaks to at least one of the owners on a daily basis
- Finally Shebby spoke of his other business interests, a franchise of feel turf, an artificial football pitch company.
The topic then changed to the current management.
- Shebby said that Henning Berg has the freedom to choose/change his backroom team whenever he wants.
- Shebby spoke about the reasons it took 5 weeks to appoint Berg
- The club spoke to many managers, however there were many who were not up for the challenge or were asking for too much money
-Rovers formally interviewed 4 candidates for the job after preliminary discussions
- Finally, Shebby said that if the unfortunate situation arose where Henning Berg needed to be replaced, it would not take 5 weeks to do so, as there are now managers out of work, who were not when the last appointment was made.
Overall the night was a success, and provided more fans with the communication which has been desired over the last 2 years.
I will certainly be in attendance for the next one, and hopefully be able to provide a more flowing article!
Date:Friday December 14 2012
Bowyer: The Players Were Excellent (Monday December 22 2014)
O'Sullivan Returns To Rovers (Monday December 22 2014)
Rhodes at the Double! (Sunday December 21 2014)
Stats: Blackburn Rovers v Charlton Athletic (Saturday December 20 2014)
Blackburn v Charlton Athletic: Team Line-Ups (Saturday December 20 2014)
Rovers: Preview Charlton (h) (Saturday December 20 2014)
Rhodes Confident Of Christmas Cheer (Saturday December 20 2014)
Bowyer: We Move On (Saturday December 20 2014)
Rovers Sign Teenager (Saturday December 20 2014)
Team News: Blackburn v Charlton (Friday December 19 2014)
|7.||Rye of the Rovers||2|
|5. Derby County||22||11||6||5||17||39|
|Wolves must improve to chase play-offs
» Wolves : 22/12/2014 11:00:00
» Wolves : 22/12/2014 10:00:00
|Player Ratings - Watford (H)
» Reading : 22/12/2014 10:00:00
|Cherries sit top of the tree for Christmas
» Bournemouth : 22/12/2014 09:56:00
|Blackpools christmas schedule
» Blackpool : 22/12/2014 09:41:00