Writer: Joe Ainscough
Date:Friday December 14 2012
Last night, several Rovers fans gathered in the Press room at Ewood Park to discuss various topics with Shebby Singh, the club's Global Adviser.
The night, advertised as an event for people who write blogs about football and Blackburn Rovers, is set to be a regular feature at the club.
Several topics were addressed, from Shebby Singh as a person, to managerial decisions. Here is a brief summary:
- Relations between fans and the club are extremely important to the club
- Regardless of the team position we all need to stay together and support the club
- 'Rome wasn't built in a day' - but it is understood progression needs to be made, and quickly.
- There are no excuses for the poor decisions made in the past, and that the club must learn from these to go forward
- Shebby outlined that in the past, the club has lost its identity and footballing philosophy, and each manager has brought something different.
- The long term plan is to bring a philosophy of fast football along the floor to the club
- Shebby discussed himself, about his punditry for 14 years - 11 of which were with ESPN
- Shebby started working for Venkys in 2011, as Head of football development in Asia
- He now runs the club for the owners, he tells them where we need to improve and why.
- Shebby speaks to at least one of the owners on a daily basis
- Finally Shebby spoke of his other business interests, a franchise of feel turf, an artificial football pitch company.
The topic then changed to the current management.
- Shebby said that Henning Berg has the freedom to choose/change his backroom team whenever he wants.
- Shebby spoke about the reasons it took 5 weeks to appoint Berg
- The club spoke to many managers, however there were many who were not up for the challenge or were asking for too much money
-Rovers formally interviewed 4 candidates for the job after preliminary discussions
- Finally, Shebby said that if the unfortunate situation arose where Henning Berg needed to be replaced, it would not take 5 weeks to do so, as there are now managers out of work, who were not when the last appointment was made.
Overall the night was a success, and provided more fans with the communication which has been desired over the last 2 years.
I will certainly be in attendance for the next one, and hopefully be able to provide a more flowing article!
Date:Friday December 14 2012
Win The Most Important Thing (Thursday October 23 2014)
Rovers Loan Lenihan To Burton (Thursday October 23 2014)
Stats: Blackburn Rovers v Birmingham City (Tuesday October 21 2014)
Rovers Preview: Blackburn Rovers v Birmingham City (Tuesday October 21 2014)
O'Sullivan And Raya Extend Loans (Tuesday October 21 2014)
Skipper Given As Much Time As Possible (Monday October 20 2014)
A More Than Deserved Point (Monday October 20 2014)
Stats: Ipswich Town v Blackburn Rovers (Saturday October 18 2014)
Rovers Preview: Ipswich Town (a) (Friday October 17 2014)
Improvement But Still Doubts (Friday October 17 2014)
|5.||Rye of the Rovers||3|
|13. Sheff Wed||13||4||6||3||0||18|
|Bolton Fancy Bannan?
» Bolton : 24/10/2014 13:25:00
|Stokes For A Million? I Don't Think So!
» Bolton : 24/10/2014 13:24:00
|Video: Blues Focus Episode 10
» Birmingham : 24/10/2014 13:15:00
|Highlights: Blackburn 1-0 Blues
» Birmingham : 24/10/2014 13:13:00
|Blues U21s 1-1 Brentford U21s
» Birmingham : 24/10/2014 13:12:00