Writer: Joe Ainscough
Date:Friday December 14 2012
Last night, several Rovers fans gathered in the Press room at Ewood Park to discuss various topics with Shebby Singh, the club's Global Adviser.
The night, advertised as an event for people who write blogs about football and Blackburn Rovers, is set to be a regular feature at the club.
Several topics were addressed, from Shebby Singh as a person, to managerial decisions. Here is a brief summary:
- Relations between fans and the club are extremely important to the club
- Regardless of the team position we all need to stay together and support the club
- 'Rome wasn't built in a day' - but it is understood progression needs to be made, and quickly.
- There are no excuses for the poor decisions made in the past, and that the club must learn from these to go forward
- Shebby outlined that in the past, the club has lost its identity and footballing philosophy, and each manager has brought something different.
- The long term plan is to bring a philosophy of fast football along the floor to the club
- Shebby discussed himself, about his punditry for 14 years - 11 of which were with ESPN
- Shebby started working for Venkys in 2011, as Head of football development in Asia
- He now runs the club for the owners, he tells them where we need to improve and why.
- Shebby speaks to at least one of the owners on a daily basis
- Finally Shebby spoke of his other business interests, a franchise of feel turf, an artificial football pitch company.
The topic then changed to the current management.
- Shebby said that Henning Berg has the freedom to choose/change his backroom team whenever he wants.
- Shebby spoke about the reasons it took 5 weeks to appoint Berg
- The club spoke to many managers, however there were many who were not up for the challenge or were asking for too much money
-Rovers formally interviewed 4 candidates for the job after preliminary discussions
- Finally, Shebby said that if the unfortunate situation arose where Henning Berg needed to be replaced, it would not take 5 weeks to do so, as there are now managers out of work, who were not when the last appointment was made.
Overall the night was a success, and provided more fans with the communication which has been desired over the last 2 years.
I will certainly be in attendance for the next one, and hopefully be able to provide a more flowing article!
Date:Friday December 14 2012
Rovers disappoint again (Friday April 18 2014)
Rovers expecting DJ help (Thursday April 17 2014)
Marshall aiming for early return (Wednesday April 16 2014)
Bowyer not pleased with Rovers lapses (Sunday April 13 2014)
Stats: Sheffield Wednesday v Blackburn Rovers (Saturday April 12 2014)
Millwall set to end Campbell loan (Thursday April 10 2014)
Etuhu facing another spell on the sidelines (Thursday April 10 2014)
Bowyer delighted with Rovers (Wednesday April 9 2014)
Stats: Blackburn Rovers v Queens Park Rangers (Wednesday April 9 2014)
Lowe back in the squad, Evans doubtful (Monday April 7 2014)
|5.||Rye of the Rovers||7|
|Blackburn 0 Glovers 0
» Yeovil : 18/04/2014 23:38:00
|Opposing View: Ipswich Town
» Watford : 18/04/2014 23:37:00
|Top Display From The Latics - More To Follow
» Wigan : 18/04/2014 23:23:00
» Wigan : 18/04/2014 22:39:00
|Boro chase more success
» Middlesbrough : 18/04/2014 22:23:00
|Rovers remain in relegation dogfight
» Doncaster : 18/04/2014 21:36:00
|Ten Owls wide awake as Cherries dream falters
» Bournemouth : 18/04/2014 21:33:00