Kean's start to the season - The comparison
At the start of the season I personally said I'd give Steve Kean seven games.
I feel it's a fair length of tenure to be judged on and after seven games I must say like a lot of Rovers fans that I feel totally let down.
I've seen an ineffective Rovers get steamrollered one too many times for my liking.
To spell it out for you here's last season's results against the sides we've played so far this campaign as a direct comparison...
- Wolves home: 3-0 win becomes a 1-2 loss.
- Aston Villa away: 1-4 defeat becomes a 1-3 loss.
- Everton home: 1-0 win becomes a 0-1 loss.
- Fulham away: 2-3 loss becomes a 1-1 draw.
- Arsenal home: 1-2 loss becomes a 4-3 win.
- Newcastle away: 2-1 win becomes a 3-1 loss.
- City home: 0-1 loss becomes a 0-4 loss.
So to summarise - that's last season: played 6, won 3, drawn 0, lost 3, for 10, against 11, points 9.
This season: Played 6, won 1, drawn 1, lost 4, for 10, against 15, points 4.
We stayed up on the last day last season. We're already 5 points worse off this season. Are there really any Rovers fans left who think Kean should be given more time?
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.