Kean vows to plod along
Rovers manager Steve Kean has declared that he will stand firm in the face of a tide of fans calling for his removal from his position as Blackburn boss.
Kean came under a barrage of abuse during the second half of Rovers 4-0 slump against Manchester City and even had an in ground protest based specifically around his future to suffer on Saturday after the match was concluded.
Jolly old Steve however believes he still has the firm backing of the board and of the Venky's chairman and will carry on his position...
Kean was asked by the Lancashire Telegraph what he thought about the protests and whether they would force Venky's to pull the trigger on his reign as manager, Kean's reply was - "No, not at all. They are strong people. They are very much in this for the long run and they have backed me to the hilt.
"We`ll get through it and we`ll do what we did last year when we ended the season brilliantly to stay in the Premier League when we were everyone`s favourites to go down.
"Our owners are very strong. I spoke with the owner first thing Saturday morning and she said that there were going to be people protesting and not to let it bother me and I won`t.
"It`s disappointing that people have protested. But they`ve come into the ground and they`ve got the right to do that. I will 100 per cent carry on.
"What we will do as a team, as staff and as owners, is stick together and we will turn it around together. I am very confident about that."
So for those keeping score Steve has said - 'We`ll do what we did last year when we ended the season brilliantly to stay in the Premier League'.
So much for a top 10 finish then?
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.