UK time is: 13:17:12
Vital Login
Social Login

Choose your club

Other Sites

Network Navigation

Vital Partners

'If It's Football, It's Vital'

Ali Syed to finish due diligence this week

Ashan Ali Syed is expected to complete his due diligence of Blackburn Rovers this upcoming week.

Syed has been doing his best to raffle through the books at Rovers and his spokeswoman has confirmed that things are progressing well, allaying rumours/fears that the deal wasn't going well.

Syed has conceded however that it won't be until mid-September at the very earliest that the deal could be completed with complexities dragging the deal out.

His spokeswoman Julia Thiem released a statement a short while ago.

Julia Thiem, spokeswoman for Western Gulf Advisory, Syed's investment company, is quoted in the Guardian as saying - 'We are progressing well and hopeful of completing the due diligence process this week. It's fingers crossed for that. Then we will approach the Premier League to complete the paperwork needed. We also have to make an offer to the minority shareholders of the club.'

Thiem was then asked whether Syed could hold executive power over Rovers.

Thiem continued - 'It is a little more complicated because of [the majority] of the club being owned by a trust. The lawyers say this could make the deal longer to conclude. We hope it could be done by the middle or end of September. But it is difficult to know at the moment.'

Syed massive wealth (he owns absolutely shed loads of companies and has amassed more than enough money to live out his life in unimaginable luxury) has allowed him to be in a position to finance the deal personally, which is believed to be a massive attraction to the current Rovers owners, Vinjay's mates the Trustees.

Syed outlined his ambitions for the mighty Rovers in a previous interview with the Guardian earlier this month.

Syed himself said to the Guardian - 'There's huge potential. We need to be more innovative. If you go back in history [Manchester] United and Real Madrid started somewhere. They did not start as giants.

'The first step is to maintain Premier League status, enhance the capabilities of the academy, see if there lies potential to increase the seating of the stadium, help Big Sam [Allardyce] with the transfer budget and to market the club rightly in other parts of the world, specifically in India, the far east and Middle East.'

Join The Vital Debate




Use your social login to comment on front page articles. Login using you Facebook, Twitter, Google or LinkedIn accounts and have your say!



Click here to join in the debate on the club forum.

The Journalist

Writer: Mikey Delap Mail feedback, articles or suggestions

Date:Saturday August 28 2010

Time: 5:48PM

Your Comments

Bit on a update for y'all as we say in the hood...
Mikey Delap
Yes! Ensue orgasm.
roversfanben
It will be interesting to see what the offer is to the minority shareholders. Will their shares be compulsorily purchased or will they be allowed to keep their holdings?
Ewoodrover
i always thought the jack walker family owned 99.9% of the club and a 'mysterious' person owned the other 0.1%, so minority shareholder would be the dude who owns the 0.1% ?
LHrover
It's me - tell Syed I'll take 100,000 o.n.o
FreidelNo.1
Cheers for that Mikey been wondering whats been going on in regards to this..Nice to have an update.
oziroversfan
I always knew you had some dodgy dealings FN1!!! ;)
Mikey Delap
 

Have Your Say

Log in...
with your social network     OR     with your Vital account

Recent Blackburn Rovers Articles

O'Sullivan And Raya Extend Loans (Tuesday October 21 2014)

A More Than Deserved Point (Monday October 20 2014)

Stats: Ipswich Town v Blackburn Rovers (Saturday October 18 2014)

Rovers Preview: Ipswich Town (a) (Friday October 17 2014)

Improvement But Still Doubts (Friday October 17 2014)

King Added To The List!! (Wednesday October 15 2014)

Injuries on Duty! (Tuesday October 14 2014)

Archived Blackburn Rovers Articles

List All Vital Blackburn Articles
Have your say
Click here to suggest an article
Click here to suggest a poll

Vital Members League (view all)

League Results (view all)

League Table (view table)

Team P W D L GD Pts
8. Bournemouth 13 6 3 4 6 21
9. Ipswich 13 5 5 3 4 20
10. Cardiff 13 5 4 4 2 19
11. Blackburn 13 5 4 4 -1 19
12. Brentford 13 5 4 4 -1 19
13. Sheff Wed 13 4 6 3 0 18
14. Rotherham 13 4 4 5 -3 16

Breaking League News

Fulham : 22/10/2014 13:09:00
Reading : 22/10/2014 13:00:00
Rotherham 3 Fulham 3
Fulham : 22/10/2014 12:50:00
Huddersfield 1 Brighton 1 (Report)
Brighton : 22/10/2014 12:40:00
The Bag Had It - Latics 0 Millwall 0
Wigan : 22/10/2014 12:31:00

Current Site Poll (view all polls)

Blackburn Rovers Man of the Match v Birmingham City?
Suggested By:  Walker
Steele 100%
Henley 0%
Baptise 0%
Duffy 0%
Olsson 0%
Cairney 0%
Williamson 0%
Evans 0%
Marshall 0%
Rhodes (off 80) 0%
Gestede (off 66) 0%
Substitute: Dunn (on 66) 0%
Substitute: Varney (on 80) 0%