Writer: Mikey Delap
Date:Wednesday April 28 2010
Help is needed.
In a world where it seems if column inches need filling then anything gets printed I thought I would lend a helping hand.
We here at Blackburn have to put up with as much 'lazy journalism' as the next guy so to help the pen pushers become more accurate work I thought I would come up with this compact guide.
- Our summer budget is roughly £6-7 million. That is for all transfers and unless we sell anyone we can't pay anymore than that due to budget contraints.
Linking us with Nikola Zigic and Djibril Cisse for £12 million is just an awful lack of intelligence.
- If you need a quick story to fill a small gap in your print, can I suggest a story about croquet or even Swiss bull hen racing.
It is much better than linking us with PLAYER A or Tal Ben Haim just because he used to play with Big Sam back in the days when typewriters were fashionable.
- Stop putting insulting valuations on our players.
Chris Samba is worth about £8 million so to put up a 'Spurs to bag Rovers star Samba for £3 million' as a serious story is only making fun of yourself.
- Our highest paid player is on about £45,000 a week. So to make out like we are going to get Amr Zaki on a free transfer and pay his £90,000 a week wages is again not using that noodle god gave you.
- Please refrain from using the words 'Sam's type of player' in every article about a potential new Blackburn player.
Yes he likes direct football but the saying is about four years past being an acceptable term.
If you are struggling with any of this please feel free to email us here at Vital Blackburn at email@example.com
Thankyou for your time.
Please stay tuned for your next step by step guide which will be -
A guide to making up rumours about celebrities and doing it so you don't need to write an apology 3 days later.
Date:Wednesday April 28 2010
Bowyer: Best Win Of The Season (Monday November 24 2014)
Robbo Told To Fight (Monday November 24 2014)
Stats: Blackburn Rovers v Leeds United (Saturday November 22 2014)
Rovers Preview: Leeds United (Saturday November 22 2014)
Rovers Linked With Lawrence?? (Tuesday November 18 2014)
Robbo Wants Out (Sunday November 16 2014)
Final Weekend Details Revealed (Sunday November 16 2014)
Break Comes At The Right Time (Thursday November 13 2014)
Fulham Ponder Tunnicliffe Recall?? (Wednesday November 12 2014)
Football Aid 2015 - Play at Ewood Park! (Monday November 10 2014)
|5.||Rye of the Rovers||3|
|RUFC - Gaffer Delighted To Bring In Reece James
» Rotherham : 26/11/2014 17:44:00
|Mark Warburton: Is there anything he can't do?
» Brentford : 26/11/2014 17:42:00
|RUFC - Midfielder Joins Bury On Loan
» Rotherham : 26/11/2014 17:29:00
|RUFC - Man U Youngster Signs In
» Rotherham : 26/11/2014 17:19:00
|Town In The Hunt For Brother Noel
» Ipswich : 26/11/2014 16:24:00