Writer: Mikey Delap
Date:Monday January 11 2010
OK, hands up... it is a tad rushed today due to snow and work but we still have a very good edition of A Good Going Rover ahead of tonights match with VMC's Jonny Baguette.
We have ten questions and thnaks to the man himself we have ten answers (that is obviously a relief).
Check it out...
1) So, has all the money and media coverage been worth it so far?
Right now, going into tonight's clash I feel like we are genuinely in touching distance of something very good. We've seen some terrific football from City this season, we've been beaten only twice (one a notorious defeat coming in time added on to time added on) , we're in the League Cup semi's, FA Cup 4th round and if we prevail tonight we'll be fourth in the league on merit. i can't recall a similar situation in my Blue lifetime.
2) Who has been the best value for money player? Or have you been over charged for players due to who you are?
We have struck a couple of bargains in the past 12 months. Given and Barry have been outstanding. I'd have to give Seamus the edge for value for money. Tevez and Bellamy have been sensational but the likes of Toure, Crocky and Lescott were over the top fees even though 'worth' doesn't seem to be a footballing factor anymore.
3) Will we see Man City eventually over-take the 'neighbours' (Man United) with regards to their standing in the world game? Will it ever happen?
As long as the rags remain controlled by the Glazers and Taggart is clung to, they will undeniably continue to slide away.
4) Is there any player from the Rovers that you admire from a far?
I like Dunny. Always have done.
5) Do you feel Mark Hughes got his just desserts? Or was it a case of another manager biting the dust too soon?
The man was an ambassador for Manchester City and single handedly held the club together while the men who brought him in, Gary Cook and Thaksin Shinawatra did one in teh run up to the Sheikh Mansour takeover. He just couldn't pull the tools he had at his disposal together. His dismissal was handled appallingly.
6) Is there any manager in England with better hair than Roberto Mancini?
He's certainly a class act and I'd wager never has a bad hair day!
7) What are your impressions of Ewood Park as a ground?
Great memories of trips there dwn the years. One of the great old English grounds.
8) Is Adebayor as big of a muppet as they make out?
Everything I've read about the fella in France indicates a greatly misunderstood personality.
9) Carling Cup win or Champions League qualification... pick one to sacrifice the other...
Carling cup win. We must beat the rags.
10) Finally, who's getting relegated this season?
Sadly, our pals at Pompey, and i reckon Hull and Wolves.
Let me be the first to say thank you to Jonny for this interview and don't forget to check out the return interview with myself on Vital Man City.
Date:Monday January 11 2010
Stats: Birmingham City v Blackburn Rovers (Monday April 21 2014)
Rovers dabble with the last chance saloon (Monday April 21 2014)
Stats: Blackburn Rovers v Yeovil Town (Saturday April 19 2014)
Rovers disappoint again (Friday April 18 2014)
Rovers expecting DJ help (Thursday April 17 2014)
Marshall aiming for early return (Wednesday April 16 2014)
Bowyer not pleased with Rovers lapses (Sunday April 13 2014)
Stats: Sheffield Wednesday v Blackburn Rovers (Saturday April 12 2014)
Millwall set to end Campbell loan (Thursday April 10 2014)
Etuhu facing another spell on the sidelines (Thursday April 10 2014)
|5.||Rye of the Rovers||12|
|Dyche on the Up!
» Burnley : 23/04/2014 10:05:00
|Adkins: Our destiny is in our hands
» Reading : 23/04/2014 10:00:00
|Francis: It's all to play for
» Bournemouth : 23/04/2014 08:10:00
|Howe: We have been frustrated
» Bournemouth : 23/04/2014 08:02:00
|Cook: My best goal to date
» Bournemouth : 23/04/2014 07:57:00
|LUFC On This Day - April 23rd
» Leeds Utd : 23/04/2014 07:22:00
|Any Previous? - Latics v Blackpool
» Wigan : 23/04/2014 07:00:00