Rovers earn Semi-Final spot in NAIL BITER
After one of the most nail biting evenings of my entire life, underdogs Blackburn Rovers made it through to the semi finals of the Carling Cup after a nervous, torrid 4-3 penalty shoot out victory.
A full report from the Sas will follow at some point.
A few immediate points to make though -
- I never knew so many of the Rovers players could take penalties! well done the Aussies in particular!
- We deserved it on the whole after nearly winning in normal time but a mistake by Robbo left us at 3-3.
- We nearly paid the price for missing so many good chances as you normally do when good teams like Chelsea play you.
- Nikola Kalinic, Brett Emerton, Steven N'Zonzi and Benni McCarthy were all outstanding.
- Nights like this make you proud to be a Rover.
- Every dog has its day and Rovers wanted it more tonight.
- I am not normally one to antagonise or gloat but a certain member of the normally very friendly and articulate Chelsea site deserves this after his super arrogant comment earlier this morning so here we go...
the_blue_world - Everyone at Vital Blackburn says hello and wishes you a nice evening...
Get in Rovers!!! I am super pumped!
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.