Vieri Deal Not Completely Dead??
Christian Vieri was understood to have walked out on Blackburn Rovers after reportedly failing to turn up to take part our recent Pre-Season tour, however, that might not be true.
Sunday speculation saw it claimed that the 35-year-old failed to turn up for matches over the weekend. However, Sam Allardyce has said that Vieri wasn't ever going to feature in those recent matches as his fitness wasn't anywhere near the right levels, however, the Italian could still return to continue his trial??
Allardyce told the Lancashire Telegraph: "When we assessed Christian from the Austrian trip he was not in the right condition to consider games.
"We will weigh that up when we get back and if he wants to come and we feel it is right for the club then he could still join us for the last month.
"We will see what he wants to do and whether we think we can get him to the level to make a stab at it in the Premier League. If he can, then brilliant, if not then it was always a long shot."
If the former Italian International did however walk out on Rovers then Allardyce is just being polite and we'll not be seeing anything of Vieri again!! If things are as Big Sam says they were then we might not have heard the end of Vieri at Ewood Park after all??
NOT REGISTERED TO VITAL BLACKBURN? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! Register by clicking here.