Writer: Mikey Delap
Date:Thursday June 4 2009
Now none of these things I am expecting but all of them I hope for as we head towards a new season. It's all tongue in cheek so don't just assume I am crazy - well no more thn usual before anyone nips in with the inevitable comment. (Sasman/Mani/Money I am looking at you).
- For starters, I would like the atmosphere that was so evident and rarely seen during the last campaign to be evident again. If we can keep the level of noise up - the boys have more chance of moving up the table. It may sound funny but it's true.
- For everyone that plays in the Rovers shirt to actually want to play for Rovers. That means goodbye to players like Roque Santa Cruz who think they are too good for us. You're not mate but whatever you want. More comitment means more points.
- For David Dunn and Steven Reid to re-establish themselves in the team. They are two extremely talented players that we were robbed of last season and we can only improve with them back.
- For all this nonsense talk of needing a new right back really badly to stop. We need a back up one but we have Brett Emerton who is a storming right back on his day. He will be first choice in that position.
- For Rovers to trouble the big boys again. Some may not have noticed but we had a record of played 8 lost 8 against the 'Big 4' last season. This really needs to improve as in the past both Rovers and Sam Allardyce had a reputation to upset the bigger teams and a return to thi sort of form would be nice.
- People to get off John Williams' back. This year the Rovers boss has come in for some flak for his managerial appointments and the way he runs the club. All of which were wildly exaggerrated. In truth, Williams is an excellent chairman, he runs the club with a tight budget for sure but he has always done it this way. It is a draining tactic using Rovers' finances the way he does but it is NOT a dangerous tactic. He is a sensible man and knows how to run a football club.
- For people to stop expecting Rovers to shell out money we don't have for transfers. Yes we don't have the greatest amount of money in the world and it would be nice to have more but we have our lot and we need to make the most of it.
- For Vital Blackburn to continue its excellent growth, this site has come a long way in the 4/5 years or so it has been up and running and to say that Vital Blackburn started with Walker (formerly HDM), Clint and a few members we have come along way since then. The site has attracted some stellar members and the site really doe cover its own niche so we will try to spread the word even more. Sneakily placed adverts will be the norm and I have already been contacted to do some more work for the Observer on Sunday as well. However, without YOU we are nothing.
- And finally, for a season of stability at the club. One manager, a steady team and good atmosphere and good feeling at the club. It's a shame last year happened but success can be achieved through stability so lets concentrate on making this club great again.
Date:Thursday June 4 2009
Scotland Omit Rovers Duo (Wednesday May 20 2015)
Former Rovers Goalkeeper Friedel Retires (Wednesday May 20 2015)
Where Does The Time Go!! (Wednesday May 20 2015)
Retained List Confirmed (Saturday May 16 2015)
Pre-Season Plans Revealed (Saturday May 16 2015)
Rovers Announce New Sponsorship Deal (Tuesday May 12 2015)
Robbo Returning To Leeds?? (Tuesday May 12 2015)
Family Excellence Award For Rovers (Tuesday May 12 2015)
Dunn And Dusted (Tuesday May 12 2015)
Williamson: You Love Him Or Hate Him!! (Tuesday May 12 2015)
|8. Derby County||46||21||14||11||29||77|
|Fulham Target Centre-Back!
» Fulham : 24/05/2015 11:27:00
|Rowett Revolution: Rotherham Victory
» Birmingham : 24/05/2015 10:24:00
|Most Watched: Zigic Wonder Strike
» Birmingham : 24/05/2015 10:19:00
|LUFC Leeds United Transfer Rumours - Week Three
» Leeds Utd : 24/05/2015 09:06:01
|LUFC Beckford being linked with Leeds return
» Leeds Utd : 24/05/2015 08:15:01