Writer: Mikey Delap
Date:Thursday June 4 2009
Now none of these things I am expecting but all of them I hope for as we head towards a new season. It's all tongue in cheek so don't just assume I am crazy - well no more thn usual before anyone nips in with the inevitable comment. (Sasman/Mani/Money I am looking at you).
- For starters, I would like the atmosphere that was so evident and rarely seen during the last campaign to be evident again. If we can keep the level of noise up - the boys have more chance of moving up the table. It may sound funny but it's true.
- For everyone that plays in the Rovers shirt to actually want to play for Rovers. That means goodbye to players like Roque Santa Cruz who think they are too good for us. You're not mate but whatever you want. More comitment means more points.
- For David Dunn and Steven Reid to re-establish themselves in the team. They are two extremely talented players that we were robbed of last season and we can only improve with them back.
- For all this nonsense talk of needing a new right back really badly to stop. We need a back up one but we have Brett Emerton who is a storming right back on his day. He will be first choice in that position.
- For Rovers to trouble the big boys again. Some may not have noticed but we had a record of played 8 lost 8 against the 'Big 4' last season. This really needs to improve as in the past both Rovers and Sam Allardyce had a reputation to upset the bigger teams and a return to thi sort of form would be nice.
- People to get off John Williams' back. This year the Rovers boss has come in for some flak for his managerial appointments and the way he runs the club. All of which were wildly exaggerrated. In truth, Williams is an excellent chairman, he runs the club with a tight budget for sure but he has always done it this way. It is a draining tactic using Rovers' finances the way he does but it is NOT a dangerous tactic. He is a sensible man and knows how to run a football club.
- For people to stop expecting Rovers to shell out money we don't have for transfers. Yes we don't have the greatest amount of money in the world and it would be nice to have more but we have our lot and we need to make the most of it.
- For Vital Blackburn to continue its excellent growth, this site has come a long way in the 4/5 years or so it has been up and running and to say that Vital Blackburn started with Walker (formerly HDM), Clint and a few members we have come along way since then. The site has attracted some stellar members and the site really doe cover its own niche so we will try to spread the word even more. Sneakily placed adverts will be the norm and I have already been contacted to do some more work for the Observer on Sunday as well. However, without YOU we are nothing.
- And finally, for a season of stability at the club. One manager, a steady team and good atmosphere and good feeling at the club. It's a shame last year happened but success can be achieved through stability so lets concentrate on making this club great again.
Date:Thursday June 4 2009
Rovers Look At Cuellar And Spence (Wednesday July 30 2014)
The Rovers Number One (Wednesday July 30 2014)
Maybe Rochina Might Stay?? (Tuesday July 29 2014)
Rudy Absence In The Balance (Tuesday July 29 2014)
Enquires But Nothing Concrete For Best (Wednesday July 23 2014)
Rovers In Need Of A Right-Back (Tuesday July 22 2014)
Rovers Keane On Michael Again (Saturday July 19 2014)
Strengthen The Defence (Wednesday July 16 2014)
Best If Leon And Rovers Part (Wednesday July 16 2014)
Marrow leaves Rovers (Tuesday July 15 2014)
|Front page poll
» Blackpool : 31/07/2014 23:31:00
|Fantastic opportunity says newcomer
» Middlesbrough : 31/07/2014 21:49:00
|Boro set to sign winger
» Middlesbrough : 31/07/2014 21:41:00
|Boss not satisfied
» Middlesbrough : 31/07/2014 21:36:00
| Boro win again
» Middlesbrough : 31/07/2014 21:32:00