Pogrebnyak Is An Arrogant Fool
Well, well. Someone's got a high opinion of himself. Zenit St. Petersburg striker Pavel Pogrebnyak has stated he decided that he didn't want to become a Rovers player in January after a fee was agreed between the two clubs.
The reason was that he felt Rovers were beneath him - he probably would of become Roque Santa Cruz's replacement had he accepted.
Now whilst everyone is entitled to their own opinion I'll let you see what he said then I'll ask a few questions?
Pavel speaking to the Russian media said - 'I was puzzled when Zenit general director Maksim Mitrofanov said he was going to talk me into accepting Blackburn's offer in the winter transfer window.
'I could only laugh at it. Yes, I dream of playing in England - but I'm not interested in Blackburn who are struggling against relegation.'
1) Does he realise that the man he would of replaced has done about 10 times more in football than he has?
2) We have two Champions League winners in our squad - Pavel has not won it at all, can someone make him aware of this?
3) No top 4 club is going to show interest in him so will this check his ego and allow him to join the rest of humanity? (Only Bolton and Rovers have registered intent).
4) Does he realise that he has a ridiculous name?
5) With an ego that size will he sign for Spurs in the Summer?
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.