Writer: Mikey Delap
Date:Monday December 22 2008
Happy Monday morning to you all. There are some very interesting rumours doing the rounds about ins and outs of Rovers over the January transfer window.
* Kevin Nolan will not be seeking a move away from Bolton, however he has come out with some excellenct 'football jargon' about how he holds Big Sam in high regard etc etc. This is basic football talk for he will stay at Bolton but wouldn't say no.
- Apparently Gary Neville will be joining us as a player coach. Gary has fallen down the pecking order at the Theatre of Arrogance so will be available for a move. Excellent, more rubbish facial hair at the club, we've only just got rid of Bentley!
* Sunderland caretaker boss Ricky Sbragia is being linked with a move to Rovers to hook up with Big Sam again. The Daily Star Sunday says Allardyce is looking to make another senior coaching appointment at Blackburn after dispensing with the (not that popular) Ray Mathias and Archie Knox.
However Sbragia will stay at the Stadium of Light if he lands the top job - hedging your bets there Daily Star?
* Blackburn had to pay a substantial amount for new Rovers assistant manager, Neil McDonald. Rovers had to shell out £200,000 in compensation to secure McDonald from Leeds. Well, if he turns out to be good - and by all accounts he will, then he's worth that and more...
* Roque Santa Cruz is ready to tell new Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce he wants to quit Ewood Park next month.
He is likely to be fined by Allardyce over his comments, but it is unlikely to change his wish to move on. Well if he wants to act like a child...
* Back with the always accurate Daily Star, IF we lose Roque Santa Cruz in the transfer window, his replacement will apparently be ex-Rovers striker James Beattie.<BR>
So for the rumoured to be £6 million fee, we will get a striker who does very little running, takes a great penalty and puts on weight when given the chance - we've had that from Benni for 18 months, do we really want to go through it again!?!?
Date:Monday December 22 2008
Spurr Returns This Evening (Monday September 29 2014)
Bowyer: The Players Gave Absolutely Everything (Monday September 29 2014)
Stats: Blackburn Rovers v Watford (Saturday September 27 2014)
Speculation Drives Rhodes (Thursday September 25 2014)
Kilgallon Hails Pivotal Evans (Thursday September 25 2014)
Rovers Relief (Monday September 22 2014)
Bowyer Salutes Outstanding Rovers (Monday September 22 2014)
Raya Makes Southport Loan (Monday September 22 2014)
Accrington Stanley Loan For O'Sullivan (Monday September 22 2014)
Stats: Fulham v Blackburn Rovers (Saturday September 20 2014)
|4.||Rye of the Rovers||8|
|9. Sheff Wed||9||4||3||2||3||15|
|13. Leeds Utd||9||4||1||4||-2||13|
|He Who Laughs……….
» Fulham : 30/09/2014 16:50:00
|PREVIEW: Watford v Brentford
» Watford : 30/09/2014 16:37:00
|Ipswich Irish Aim To Make It Five
» Ipswich : 30/09/2014 16:14:00
|Team news: Leeds vs Reading
» Reading : 30/09/2014 15:32:00
» Bolton : 30/09/2014 15:00:00