Vital Football

Latest Blackburn Rovers News

No Rovers Deal For Castillo

No Rovers Deal For Castillo

Blackburn Rovers have opted against the signing Ecuadorian International midfielder Segundo Castillo.

Rovers had been keen on bringing the 26-year-old to Ewood Park, and he trained with the club during our Pre-Season training camp in Germany. A £6 million move from Red Star Belgrade had been mooted for some weeks, however, chairman John Williams has confirmed that we will not be following up our interest and he has returned to Red Star.

Williams told the Lancashire Telegraph "At this moment in time, we won't be making an offer for Castillo.

"The player has returned to Red Star Belgrade.
"


NOT REGISTERED TO VITAL BLACKBURN? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! Register by clicking here.



Click here to join in the debate on the club forum.

Writer:Walker
Date:Friday July 25 2008
Time: 9:44AM

Comments

0
I don't know enough about Castillo to know how good he is but £6 million did seem an awful lot of money, so I'm personally not surprised that we've not followed up and interest with a bid.
Walker
25/07/2008 09:46:00
0
Doesn't this show u the benefits of getting players in on trial, i knew Juve were after him but nothing else. As u said Walker £6m for a unknown is a lot of money for a club like Rovers to waste
Clint
25/07/2008 09:51:00
0
I do believe that we have heard a lot of agent talk recently its a bold move by ince considering he said he was up to the task a few days back, which is good he can admit when he's wrong!! positive news and move by ince we now know he won't sign players unless he's 100% certain.
MajiRovers
25/07/2008 10:52:00
0
Well yeah but we still can't tell if his 100% certainty is good enough, but time will tell if our new motto can be "in Ince we trust".
roverjoy
25/07/2008 11:12:00
0
It does show that Ince wount rush in and buy just for the sake of it! It would've of been easy for him to buy and then admit later, if it didnt work, that it was his 1st season and all that, at least he had the stones to get rid quick, when he got a good look at him
Clint
25/07/2008 15:31:00
0
I think this means we could be in for Bresciano... good god we'll never hear the end of Sas if he signs. lol
MikeyGamst
28/07/2008 09:29:00
Page 1/1
  1. 1

Login to post a comment

Best of Vital Network

Recent Blackburn Rovers Articles

Coventry League Cup Details Confirmed

The details for the League Cup first round meeting with Coventry, of course the former side of Blackburn boss Tony Mowbray, have been confirmed.

Rovers In Talks With Gillingham & QPR Midfielders

Blackburn boss Tony Mowbray, having already added Cardiff's Peter Whittingham and Rotherham's Richie Smallwood, is looking at Gillingham's Bradley Dack and QPR's Ben Gladwin.

FA End Betting Sponsorship

Late yesterday afternoon, the Football Association announced the result of its three month review of their relationship with gambling companies and that association now comes to an end.

Sky Confirm TV Selection Windows For 2017/18

With the release of the EFL fixture lists on Wednesday morning, Sky Sports have released their outline giving fans an idea of when television selections will be made this season.

Archived Vital Blackburn Articles

Vital Blackburn articles from

Site Journalists

Walker
Editor email
Profile
VitalRovers
no email
Profile

Current Poll (see more polls)

Will Blackburn bounce back?
Suggested By:
Yes, as League One champions62%
Yes, as runners up5%
Yes, via the play-offs5%
No28%
ScoopDragon Publishing Entire League Network of Sites
Write for Vital Football
Latest F1 News
Latest Vital Boxing News
The Vital Football Members League

Recent Blackburn Rovers Results (view all)

Blackburn Rovers Fixtures (view all)

Vital Football Comment